WEXT CARLETON – A bunch of infrastructure work in and around West Carleton will launch this coming July.
“In early July the City of Ottawa will begin construction of the Carp Road slope stabilization and culvert renewal between 4203 and 4185 Carp Rd.,” Coun. Eli El-Chantiry said this week. “This work needs to be done to provide some stabilization to the slope along the south side of Carp Road. The culvert is being replaced at the same time due to its current condition.”
The work will be completed by this fall. Throughout the construction, there will be single lane closures as required to facilitate the work. When construction is not active, the roadway will be fully open.
Several culverts in Ward 5 are scheduled for replacement and work will beginning soon. Be mindful when travelling, of lane reductions and follow posted detour signage in the areas of work:
- Upper Dwyer Hill Road approximately 0.49 km north of Grainger Park Road
- Upper Dwyer Hill Road approximately 1.41 km north of Vaughan Side Road
- Kinburn Side Road approximately 0.31 km east of Dominium Side Road
- March Road approximately 0.25 km west of Huntmar Drive
- Creek Drive approximately 0.05 km east of Frome Street
- Ivy Acres Road approximately 0.33 km south of Ritchie Side Road
- Pinhey Point Road approximately 0.70 km east of Sixth Line Road
- Panmure Road approximately 0.49 km east of Breezy Heights Road
In early July, Ritchie Side Road from Ivy Acres Road to Walter Bradley Road, will close to undertake rehabilitation work on the Ritchie Side Road bridge. A signed detour will be place and local/emergency vehicle access will be maintained. Work will be done by the end of August.