WEST CARLETON – As summer turns to fall, the City of Ottawa has completed, begun, or will begin 40 roadwork projects in Ward 5 servicing some of the hundreds of kilometres of roadway throughout the rural ward.
“Even though the unprecedented pandemic situation has impacted our economy and the services provided by the City of Ottawa, the city has still managed to continue its Ward 5 road rehabilitation work,” Coun. Eli El-Chantiry released in a statement today (Sept. 8). “I thought I’d give a run-down of the ongoing and upcoming road rehab work earmarked for completion this year, as well as a list of work completed thus far.”
El-Chantiry has publicly stated several times road quality is the number one issue he hears about from the community. It was easily the number one issue at Ward 5 all-candidate debates held during the 2018 municipal election.
“I understand there are many roads in West Carleton-March in need of attention,” El-Chantiry said. “Given the economic hardship we face due to COVID-19 and budget constraints, we will do what we can, when we can.”
Ongoing/upcoming road rehabilitation:
- Ferry Rd. from Aylwin Rd. to Ottawa River ferry dock
- Allbirch Rd. from Baillie Ave. to dead end
- Constance Lake Rd from Dunrobin Rd to 1050 m east of Dunrobin Rd.
- Loggers Way (1 km south of Kinburn Side Rd.) to Donald B. Munro Rd. 50 m north of rail crossing
- Loggers Way (1190 m north of Kinburn Side Rd.) from 50 m south of rail crossing to Rabbit Path
- Loggers Way (960 m south of Riddledale Rd.) from 100 m south of rail crossing to 100 m north of rail crossing
- John Shaw Rd. (2.5 km north of Thomas A. Dolan Pkwy) from 50 m south of rail crossing to 50 m north of rail crossing
- Rabbit Path (820 m east of Loggers Way) from 50 m south of Rail Crossing to 50 m north of rail crossing
- Riddledale Rd. (380 m west of Loggers Way) from 50 m east of rail crossing to 50 m west of rail crossing
- Baird St. from Constance Bay Rd. to Macmillan Lane
- Torbolton St. from Constance Bay Rd. to Macmillan Lane
- Sandbay St (James St) from Macmillan Lane to Baillie Ave
- Macmillan Lane from Constance Bay Rd. to Allbirch Rd.
- John Shaw Rd. from Kinburn Side Rd. to Rabbit Path
- Golden Line Rd. from 760m north of Old Almonte Rd. to March Rd. (pavement preservation)
- Stonecrest Rd. from Kinburn Side Rd. to Galetta Side Rd. (pavement preservation)
- William Mooney Rd. from Richardson Side Rd. to McGee Side Rd. (pavement preservation)
- Hamilton Side Rd. from Golden Line Rd. to Upper Dwyer Hill Rd. (pavement preservation)
- Macrostie Lane from Baldwin St. to Bayview Dr.
- Baldwin St. from Len Purcell Dr. to dead end
- Hunter Cres. from Shady Lane to Bayview Dr.
- Shady Lane from Allbirch Rd. to Holiday Dr.
- Holiday Dr. from Hunter Cres. to Resthaven Ave.
- Resthaven Ave. from Allbirch Rd. to Woods Rd.
- Woods Rd. from Constance Bay Rd. to Hunter Cres.
- Panmure Rd. from Dwyer Hill Rd/ to Donald B. Munro Rd. (asphalt sealing)
- Thomas A. Dolan Pkwy from John Shaw Rd. to Carp Rd. (asphalt sealing)
- Galetta Side Rd. from Old Highway 17 to Tyndale St. (asphalt sealing)
- Galetta Side Rd. from Morning Dew Dr. to Carp Rd. (asphalt sealing)
- Galetta Side Rd. 410 m east of Harbour St. to Ferry Rd. (asphalt sealing)
- Richardson Side Rd. and Huntmar Dr. roundabout
Completed road upgrades:
- Murphy Court from March Rd to dead end
- Spruce Ridge Rd. from Richardson Side Rd. to McGee Side Rd.
- McGee Side Rd. from Spruce Ridge Rd. to 720m west of David Manchester Rd.
- Opeongo Rd. from Crown Point Rd. to Dunrobin Rd.
- Canon Smith Dr. from Willola Beach Rd. to Timber Lane Rd.
- David Manchester Rd. from Richardson Side Rd. to Old Almonte Rd.
- David Manchester Rd. from Old Almonte Rd. to Northshire Rd.
- Oak Creek Rd. (discontinuous) from Richardson Side Rd. to McGee Side Rd.
- Torbolton Ridge Rd. from MacLarens Side Rd. to Old Quarry Rd.