CARLINGTON – Ottawa police turned a routine traffic stop in to gun charges yesterday (Aug; 27) afternoon.
“Neighbourhood resource officers conducted a traffic stop in the 1300 block of Caldwell Avenue yesterday afternoon,” the Ottawa Police Service (OPS) released in a statement today. “At approximately 2:50 p.m., officers stopped a vehicle and located a loaded handgun.”
The Ottawa police’s Guns and Gangs Unit charged Gedi Bache, 23, of Ottawa and Emrah Ahmeti, 24, of no fixed address, with:
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlicenced Person Possess Weapon
- Possess Firearm Knowingly Not Holding a Licence
- Occupying a Motor Vehicle with Firearm
- Possess Firearm While Prohibited
Both are scheduled to appear in court today.