Mayor’s Family Day skating party cancelled
OTTAWA – No surprise to anyone, this year’s annual Mayor’s Family Day Skating Party has been cancelled for 2021 as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The event was scheduled to happen Family Day Monday, Feb. 15.
“The city recognizes that staying active is important for physical and mental well-being,” city staff released in a statement today (Feb. 1). “Visit ottawa.ca/snowmuchfun for plenty of free and safe activities to allow you to get out with your household for some fresh air and a change of scenery. Ottawa Public Health recommends choosing activities that are as safe as possible, preferably outdoor activities that you can enjoy with members of your own household.”
Be sure to:
- Respect the 25-person capacity at rinks and sledding hills, 12 people on puddle rinks.
- Stay two metres from people who are outside your household.
- Wear a mask in the 15-metre area around rink surfaces. Ottawa Public Health suggests wearing one on the ice for added protection.
- Be courteous and mindful of your ice time when it’s busy so everyone can enjoy a skate.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Avoid crowds and come back later if it’s busy.
For more information on city programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 311 (TTY: 613-580-2401).