WEST CARLETON – Last week (Nov. 10) Coun. Eli El-Chantiry shared some of the proposed spending earmarked for Ward 5 in 2021 – more than $11 million. But the budget process is still ongoing and there are many meetings to have before it passes.
“The process for establishing the City of Ottawa’s budget for 2021 is currently ongoing,” El-Chantiry released in a statement today (Nov. 17). “Each standing committee, board and commission is reviewing the budget of the specific service areas that reports to them, and they are each holding budgets meetings.”
A few meetings have already occurred but there are many yet to come.
“At these meetings, there is an opportunity for public delegations to register and make a brief presentation to the standing committee, El-Chantiry said.
Listed below are the remaining meeting dates:
- Nov. 17: Draft budget of the Environmental Protection, Water and Waste Management Committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Nov. 18: Draft budget of the Transit Commission. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Nov. 19: Draft budget of the Community and Protective Services committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Nov. 23: Draft budget of the Police Services Board. 4 p.m. start time
- Nov. 24: Draft budget of the Audit committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Nov. 26: Draft budget of the Planning committee. 9:30am start time
- Nov. 30: Reviewing the draft budget of the IT sub-committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Nov. 30: Draft budget of the Ottawa Board of Health. 5 p.m. start time
- Dec. 1: Draft budget of the Finance and Economic Development committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Dec. 1: Draft budget of the Ottawa Public Library Board. 5 p.m. start time
- Dec. 2: Draft budget of the Transportation committee. 9:30 a.m. start time
- Dec. 3: Draft budget of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs committee. 10 a.m. start time
“The budget for 2021 will be tabled and adopted at the Ottawa city council meeting on Dec. 9, at 10 a.m.,” El-Chantiry said.
Click here for more information on Budget 2021 and to register to make a delegation at one or more of the above-noted meetings.