CARP – We imagine there is already a small gathering waiting at the Carp Agricultural Society’s fairgrounds because the Carp Christmas Market is about 40 minutes away from opening its doors.
The two-day Christmas extravaganza is a highlight of the Carp Farmers’ Market season and starts tonight (Dec. 6) at 3 p.m. and runs until 8 p.m. and continues tomorrow morning starting at 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
“You’re invited to the Carp Farmers’ Market’s Annual Christmas Market,” market manager Ennio Marcantonio said. “For two days in December, come do some local Christmas shopping with more than 80 of your favourite Carp Farmers’ Market producers.”
Here’s a rundown of what to expect:
- 80+ local Carp Market vendors spread across two buildings
- International food court
- Special visit from Santa Claus himself! Santa will be walking around the Market, Friday from 4-6pm & Saturday from 11am-1pm
- Kids’ Club Colouring Contest. Download your copy here: https://carpfarmersmarket.ca/christmas-colouring-contest-for-2019/
- Free gift basket draw – featuring items donated by our vendors
- Live music from KT & Kyle
- Free admission
- Free parking
- Wheelchair accessible
“We will be collecting non-perishable food items for the West Carleton Food Access Centre throughout the two-day Christmas Market, so please consider bringing along a couple of food items and help support local families this holiday season,” Marcantonio said. “Please note that as we are a farmers’ market, the vast majority of our vendors accept cash only, however we do have an ATM on site.”
The Carp Farmers’ Market is proud to be a producer-only market.
“Producer-only means that every one of our vendors makes, bakes or grow what they sell,” Marcantonio said. “Reselling of any kind is not permitted at our market. When you shop at our market know that you are shopping and supporting a fantastic group of local producers who make, bake or grow what they are selling.”