Local Unpasteurized Golden Honey - 500 Gram JarRegular price $12.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
This honey is from a local beekeeper in the Ottawa Valley who does everything the old fashioned way. You can tell the difference in this unbelievable honey. The brand is called Simply Honey.
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Raw Honey:
- Make your own healthy, rehydrating sports drink. Add a spoonful of raw honey and protein powder, and a pinch of Himalayan sea salt to a glass of spring water, stir vigorously, and drink to replace electrolytes, increase energy, and athletic performance.
- Need to soothe a minor sunburn? Try this relieving remedy. Mix ½ cup of honey and 1 cup of milk. Apply the mixture to the sunburned area. Leave on as long as possible to ease the pain and to prevent skin from peeling. Reapply as needed to ease discomfort and to promote healing. Severe sunburn can produce swelling, blisters, nausea, fever, and chills. Seek professional medical attention if these symptoms arise.
- Healing salve for minor burns, cuts, or scrapes. Applied topically, honey is a natural antiseptic, containing 3 powerful wound-healing components: sugar, hydrogen peroxide, and propolis. The nectar-based compound propolis kills bacteria, while hydrogen peroxide disinfects. The sugar absorbs moisture, creating an environment in which bacteria cannot survive. Another plus, as the honey dries, it forms a natural bandage.
- Eating unfiltered, unheated, raw honey produced within your area, (50-mile radius or less) is like receiving a natural anti-allergy shot! Quercetin, a component of honey, has been found in studies to reduce inflammation and pollen allergy symptoms. It stabilizes the cell membranes that release histamine, which triggers allergic reactions. Raw honey also contains bee pollen and bee propolis, which boosts the immune system, and builds immunity to allergens.
- Cough suppressant – Mix apple cider vinegar and honey to taste in a small glass jar. Take a tablespoon as often as needed to relieve minor coughs, colds, and sore throats.
- Promote relaxation and restful sleep. Take a spoonful of raw honey at bedtime.